Colonic Irrigation also known as Colonic Hydrotherapy, is a safe, effective method of cleansing the colon. The treatment involves safely infusing a gentle flow of water into the colon via the rectum. No chemicals or drugs are involved and the entire therapy is both relaxing and effective. We recommend a course of 3 treatments for maximum results and benefits.
The Benefits Of Colonic Treatments
Colon Hydrotherapy is a process, not a quick cure; it is used as a detoxification process, rejuvenation and restoration of good colon health. Multiple sessions combined with good eating habits and regular exercise is necessary to achieve optimal results. It is advised before beginning diet, exercise, or complimentary modality, to discuss it with your physician. The number of colonics you may need depends on your goals, intestinal health, dietary habits, and lifestyle choices.
Colonic Irrigation assists with;
- Improved bowel function
- Increased energy levels
- Relief from bloating and abdominal distension
- Relief from Constipation and IBS
- Stimulation of the Body’s immune system
- Clearing the colon of hardened waste material and harmful toxins
- Allows the free passage of nutrients into the blood stream
- Improved mental clarity
- Clearer skin complexion
Colon hydrotherapy has been shown to be beneficial for the following conditions:
- Acute fecal impaction
- Parasitic infection
- Atonic colon
- Mucous colitis
- Fever therapy
- Paraplegics & Quadriplegics(Bowel training)
- Abdominal distention/flatulence
- Haemorrhoids (mild to moderate)
- Intestinal toxemia
- Balance physiologic flora of large intestine
- Preparation for diagnostic study of large intestine
- Barium enema
- Abdominal Discomfort
- Protruding Abdomen
- Sagging Posture
- Lack of interest in work or play
- Bad Breath
- Coated Tongue
- Lack of Concentration
- Body Odor
- Lack of Sexual Response
- Over / Under Weight
- Poor Appetite
- Skin Blemishes / Acne
- Brittle Hair / Nails
- Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Shallow Complexion
- Cold Hands / Feet
- Lower Back Pain
- Sigmoidoscopy & Colonoscopy
- Tender or Rigid Abdomen
- Swelling in Legs
- Menstrual Problems
- High Blood Pressure
- Low Blood Pressure
Colonic Irrigation Treatment Options:
Colonic Irrigation: Course Of 3 – £185.00
A course of three Colonic Irrigation sessions spread over a minimum period of 3 weeks (1 week between each session) with our qualified hydrotherapist. Each individual session is an hour long with 45minutes on the machine. Paper knickers are provided.
Colonic Irrigation: Single Session – £75.00
A single Colonic Irrigation session with a qualified hydrotherapist, is an hour long with 45minutes on the machine. Paper knickers are provided.
A soothing flow of water is instilled gently into the colon via the rectum. Our fully qualified Colonic Irrigation therapist may also carry out a massage. This is in order to loosen any compacted areas. The slightly pressurised water works its way right round to the ceccum, the furthest part of the colon. As the water passes through the colon the body is able to absorb the water. This instantly re-hydrates the body. The water used for this treatment is filtered, purified and warmed through our system.
What are the after effects?
When will I see a change? – Almost immediately! You should come out of the treatment feeling light and refreshed with less tension and stress. You can then look forward to a good nights sleep and wake up the next day feeling revitalised. A lot of people ask ‘will I be running to the toilet all the time? – This is highly unlikely, most clients resume normal bowel activity 24-48 hours after the treatment.
You should feel fine after colonic hydrotherapy treatment, and not experience any unwanted side-effects; there are however a few simple measures to follow:
- Don’t overeat. Eat simply cooked or raw food, and chew well. A diet rich in fruit and vegetables (especially leafy) will add to the cleansing effect and help to regulate bowels.
- Try and avoid red meat (beef, lamb, pork and game) for a few days; a light meal of white meat, fish and vegetarian meals are much easier to digest.
- Aim to eat whole grains, e.g. brown rice, wholemeal flour, rather than refined e.g. white flour products, pasta.
- You may pee need to pee more. A small amount of water is absorbed during the colonic treatment, and you may notice an increased need to urinate. This is normal, and will subside quickly.
- Drink plenty of fluids. If your digestion is weak, don’t drink with meals or for 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals. Avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours.
- You may experience some flatulence and bowel sounds. This is due to the bowel bacteria multiplying back up to strength for up to 48 hours after treatment. Probiotic supplements/foods may be useful, and the fruit and vegetables will help. If griping occurs, try drinking hot Peppermint, Fennel or Chamomile infusions, and avoid cold drinks, carbonated drinks and gassy foods.
- You may not experience a bowel movement for a few days. Depending upon your condition, this is normal. You should resume normal bowel activity 24-48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid rigorous exercise and weight lifting for 24 hours after treatment.
If you experience any continued discomfort, telephone us on 01273 719 988
Colon Hydrotherapy has been utilised to help and ease many conditions and ailments. The below listed conditions DO NOT REQUIRE a letter from your GP:
- Acute Fecal Impaction
- Mucous Colitis
- Fever Therapy
- Paraplegics (Bowel Training)
- Parasitic Infections
- Atonic Colon
- Preparation for surgery
- Abdominal Distension/Flatulence
- Preparation for Diagnostic Study of Large
- Hemorrhoid (Mild to Moderate)
- Intestinal Toxemia
- Barium Enema
- Nutrient Supplementation via Rectum
- Sigmoidoscopy & Colonoscopy
- Balance Physiologic Flora of Large Intestine
A CONTRAINDICATION is when treatment should NOT be considered unless authorised by a Doctor or Physician. Turn Beautiful will NOT provide a Colonic Irrigation treatment IF you suffer with one of the below listed contraindications UNLESS you can provide a letter from your GP.
- Abdominal Hernia – The part of an internal organ that pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall.
- Abdominal Surgery – After recent abdominal surgery since the administering of this procedure initiates peristalsis (muscle contractions within the colon) and the use of the abdominal muscles may aggravate sutures and the healing of the incision. You should allow a minimum of 12 weeks to pass after surgery and provide a doctors note before going ahead with the treatment.
- Abnormal Distension/Masses – Distension – Bloating or swelling of the abdomen
- Acute Liver Failure – A disorder that is sudden and severe but lasts only a short time
- Anemia – Not enough red blood, red blood cells, or haemoglobin in the body.
- Aneurysm – A bulging out of part of the wall of a blood vessel
- Carcinoma – Cancer of any type
- Cirrhosi– Scarring of the liver due to long-term liver damage
- Cardiac Condition – If a client/user has had cardiac surgery or has been diagnosed with a heart condition such as uncontrolled hypertension of congestive heart failure, or other heart conditions.
- Crohn’s Disease CHROHN’S DISEASE – Causes inflammation in the small intestine. The inflammation can cause pain and can make the intestines empty frequently, resulting in diarrhoea
- Colitis – Irritation of the colon
- Dialysis Patients – Filtering of the blood to assist the kidneys
- Diverticulitis – A condition that occurs when small pouches in the colon (diverticula) become infected or irritated)
- Diverticulosis – A condition that occurs when small pouches(diverticula) push outward through weak spots in the colon)
- Diverticulum – A small pouch in the colon. These pouches are not painful or harmful unless they become infected or irritated.
- Fissures/Fistulas – An abnormal passage between two organs or between an organ and the outside of the body. Caused when damaged tissues come into contact with each other and join together while healing
- Haemorrhaging – When a client/user has a flow of bright red from the rectum/anus
- Hemorrhoidectomy – (A surgical procedure to remove haemorrhoids) A Doctor’s Release should be obtained a minimum of 12 weeks after removal of haemorrhoids.
- Intestinal Perforation – A hole/rupture
- Lupus – (An autoimmune disease in which a person’s immune system attacks various organs or cells of the body) Lupus Patients have been noted to have colon perforations occur from the disease and the use of colonic irrigation/enemas can irritate the colon/bowel further.
- Pregnancy – Colonic irrigation/enemas are contraindicated during the first and the last trimester of pregnancy. May be prescribed by your Physician as an enema just prior to childbirth.
- Rectal Surgery – After recent rectal surgery. Please wait a minimum of 12 weeks before considering treatment and provide a doctors note on your first visit after surgery.
- Renal Insufficiencies – Insufficient excretion of wastes by the kidneys
- Medication Concerns – If a Doctor has ever diagnosed you with any intestinal conditions, or if your using any medications, which may weaken your intestinal walls, you should obtain a note from your GP. If you are currently taking medication for Any condition diagnosed by a Doctor, you should also check with your GP to ensure the medication will not be interfered with the additional water intake and absorption.
What equipment is used?
The Toxygen Model BSC-UV is a state of the art colon hydrotherapy device (also known as colonic irrigation). It will cleanse the entire colon using filtered water and without the use of drugs or chemicals.
Classified by the FDA as a medical device it is a “closed system” which affords a comfortable modern naturopathic procedure while maintaining the dignity of the client. There is no open evacuation and no offensive odours. It is therapist assisted for effectiveness, comfort and most importantly safety.
The device comes equipped with a built-in water treatment system. This patented three stage system will remove particulate matter, reduce the amount of chlorine and, with the use of Ultraviolet light, destroy 99.9% of bacteria and viruses that may be in the water. The chemical free approach means there are no harmful bi-products or chemicals added to your water or the environment.
Approved and certified by ISO 9001:2000, ISO 13485:2003, and CE (European Union), the US FDA, and Health Canada
What is the Candida Diet?
The Candida diet is an alternative health remedy for people with symptoms which may be caused by and overgrowth of Candida Albicans Yeast. These symptoms may include;
- Chronic gas and bloating
- Extreme Fatigue
- Poor memory and concentration
- Cravings for sweets and/or alcohol
- Infections such as vaginitis, oral thrush or athletes foot
The primary focus of the Candida diet is eliminating added sugar and limiting carbohydrates. The beginning of any Candida diet involves cleansing the bodies systems clearing debris from the colon and flushing away some of the yeast in the body, as explained by TheCandidaDiet.com