Brow Lamination, the new eyebrow treatment for the fullest, bushiest brows.
Previously known as a ‘Brow Perm’ or ‘Brow Taming’ this treatment has benefitted from new product innovations that allows it to be applied directly onto the skin. This opens the service to a whole new client range that can benefit from this treatment, not just those that had brow hairs pointing horizontal from ones forehead.
Brow lamination works in a similar way to a lash lift and is designed to open up your eyes and be quite anti-ageing. The process essentially involves straightening eyebrow hairs using a chemical solution into the desired direction. You can then enjoy sleek tailored brows for up to two months. The treatment gives the impression of a fuller and thicker brow line!
Brow Lamination Patch Test – Free
Prior to treatment you are required to receive a patch test. If a reaction was to occur please inform a member of staff. This procedure will also enable you to ask any questions you may have regarding the treatment.
Brow Lamination Treatment – £40.00
Brow Lamination is a revolutionary brow treatment that involves restructuring the brow hairs to keep them in a desired shape creating the effect of fuller, thicker, groomed brows. With immediate results lasting between 6 and 8 weeks, it is the perfect treatment for people with a low maintenance beauty regime, busy lifestyle, allergies and hay fever, or just those who want to make the most of their natural brows! The treatment includes an aftercare kit.
Pre Brow Lamination
Prior to treatment you are required to receive a patch test. A patch test must be carried out at least 24-48 hours prior to treatment date.
The result from the test will be either positive or negative.
A positive result will be recognised by irritation, swelling or inflammation of the skin. If this occurs, please inform your technician and you must not proceed with the treatment.
A negative result produces no skin reaction and you can proceed with the treatment.
Please ensure you arrive to your appointment makeup free and if you wear contact lenses they have been removed (remember to bring your glasses).
Brows cannot get wet for at least 24-48hrs post treatment, nor can makeup be worn. So ensure you don’t have any events immediately following your treatment.
We also advise to turn your mobile phone off during the treatment and that if you have driven to the salon you have sufficient parking paid for, it is important you relax during the treatment as the treatment cannot be stopped part way through.
Post Brow lamination
This aftercare advice is given to ensure you fully understands what should and should not be done 24-28 hours post treatment for longevity of the brow lamination treatment results
- Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming/sauna for 24 hours
- Keep brows dry for 24 hours
- Use a brow conditioner daily, this is to be combed through with a mascara wand in the direction of the hair growth.
- Avoid the temptation to over touch the brow area after treatment. Touching can add oils to the area (from fingers/hands) and could clog the open pores, resulting in spots
- Do not allow prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or heat; the use of sunbeds, saunas, steam rooms and swimming pools
- Tweezing in between appointments is to be avoided to maintain the best long term-shape
- Do not apply Retin-A, AHA or exfoliate around the brow area for three days either side of the treatment
- No self-tanning products should be used on the face for 48 hours either side of treatment
- Tinting results will be darker and more defined immediately after your treatment and oil-based makeup remover can cause the tint to fade faster.
How does Brow Lamination work?
The structure of a single hair is made up of three parts: the hair cuticle, the cortex and the medulla. When the lamination solution is applied during the Brow Lamination treatment, the hydrogen comes into contact with the air and oxidises. This creates a chemical process which breaks down the disulphide bonds in each hair, allowing them to move into a new shape. The next step is applying the neutralising solution, which reforms the disulphide bonds into their new shape.
This new shape of the brows takes up to 48 hours for the disulphide bonds to lock into place and cure, which is why it is important to follow the correct aftercare for 48 hours post-treatment. If the lashes get hot or wet, they can fall back into their original state and the new shape will drop or become over processed with excess heat.
Each step of the Brow Lamination treatment contains nourishing and hydrating ingredients such as:
- Cocoa Butter – Helps to moisturise and give your lashes a silky shine.
- Biotin – Known to strengthen the keratin bonds within the hair follicles, strengthening the lashes and enhances hair elasticity which enhances the lash lift.
- Hydrolysed Silk – A protein derivative that is highly hygroscopic with an enhanced moisture binding ability.
- Vitamin B3 – Stimulates hair growth and has been included in the formula to aid lash growth and provide fuller lashes.
What conditions would prevent me having the Brow Lamination treatment?
If any of these contraindications are present the Brow Lamination Treatment cannot be performed. If the contraindication will clear within a few days or weeks, the treatment can be rescheduled.
The Brow Lamination Treatment cannot be undertaken on anyone with:
- Herpes simplex/eye infections/ folliculitis – Not suitable for treatment whilst infected
- Psoriasis/Eczema – Not suitable for treatment if in the treatment area
- Conjunctivitis – Not suitable for treatment whilst infected
- Very sensitive skin – Not suitable for treatment.
- Moles in the treatment area – Not suitable for treatment.
- Contact lenses – Must be removed before treatment
- Trichotillomania – Not suitable for treatment
- Alopecia -Not suitable for treatment
- Blepharitis – Not suitable for treatment
- Sunburn – Not suitable for treatment.
- Haemophillia – Not suitable for treatment.
- Recent Botox or Fillers – Not suitable for treatment.
- Medication (blood thinning / roaccutane) – Not suitable for treatment.
- Using any Vitamin A or Hydrocortisone products (Retinol / E45) — Not suitable for treatment or if using vitamin A products within your facial regime don’t use for 3 days either side of the treatment.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding – Not recommended for pregnant women as a safety precaution.
- Recent Lasik Surgery – Must wait 6 weeks after the 2nd procedure.
- Recent Permanent Make up – Must wait 4/6 weeks after 2nd procedure.
- Eyelift – Must wait 4 to 6 MONTHS after the operation and a letter from GP stating you are suitable for treatment must be obtained.
- Cancer – The brows need some extra TLC and babying during chemo and the recovery period, which varies from client to client. It’s important not to put any extra stress on you brows. It’s best to refrain from treatment during chemotherapy, and several months after the your last treatment, as the brows are still susceptible to the effects of the drugs. Ideally, you’ll want to wait until the natural brows are less fragile. A letter from your Oncologist stating they are happy for you to receive treatment should be obtained.
- If you have cuts, abrasions, inflammation or swelling in the treatment area or who have experienced a positive reaction to the patch test then you are not suitable for treatment.