Turn Beautiful has a team of experienced masseuses from a variety of backgrounds who are happy to discuss your requirements in advance to identify the right treatment for you.
As with facials, full body massages are tailor made with individually chosen oils. All the treatments are focused on acupressure points to help strengthen the nervous system, lymphatic drainage to help boost the immune system and muscle manipulation, to ease tension and increase blood circulation.
- Don’t eat just before your treatment. Let your body digest your meal first.
- Be on time. If you arrive in a frenzied, rushed state, it may take longer to relax.
- Take off only as much clothing as you are comfortable removing. If you don’t want to remove your clothing, wear clothing that will be comfortable during the treatment and will allow your masseuse to touch and move the areas of your body you expect will need to be massaged. Privacy – Your therapist will either leave the room or otherwise provide privacy while you undress. A sheet or towel is provided for draping during the treatment and the therapist will uncover only the part of your body being massaged, ensuring that modesty is respected at all times. After the massage is finished, you will be provided with privacy while dressing.
- Communicate your reasons and needs. Before the session, please give accurate health information and let your therapist know your expectations and reasons for the massage.
- Allergies to Oils, Lotions, Powders – Your masseuse may use oil, lotion or powders to reduce friction on your skin. If you are allergic to any oils, lotions or powders, tell your therapist, who can choose a substitute.
- Music – Your masseuse may play recorded music during your treatment. Some client may find music distracting. If it’s provided, let your therapist know if you have any music preferences or if you would prefer they turn off the music.
- Conversation – Some people like to talk during a massage, while others remain silent. Please tell your therapist what you prefer.
Don’t be afraid to discuss any apprehensions or concerns. It’s important that you be as comfortable as possible during your treatment. Your masseuse is a professional dedicated to do his or her best to help you feel at ease.
During your massage
Please give feedback to the masseuse during your treatment on the amount of pressure, speed of hand movement, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to discuss any apprehensions or concerns. It’s important that you be as comfortable as possible during your treatment. Your masseuse is a professional dedicated to do his or her best to help you feel at ease.
- Remember to breathe normally. Breathing helps facilitate relaxation. People often stop or limit their breathing when they feel anxious or a sensitive area is massaged.
- Relax your muscles and your mind. Tightening up by contracting or hardening your muscles during the massage may cause you discomfort. Let your therapist know this is happening. Your masseuse may need to adjust the technique they use and may also be able to help you relax the affected area. If you find your thoughts are racing during the massage, one way to be more body-centered and to quiet your mind is to follow the hands of the masseuse and focus on how the touch feels.
- Drink extra water after your treatment.
- Don’t get up too quickly and do allow for some open, quiet time after your session. If you’re dizzy or light headed after the treatment, do not get off the table too fast. It also may take a little time to integrate or absorb the results of the session.
- Be prepared to schedule several sessions. The therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so the more often you get a massage, the better you will feel and the more quickly your body will respond. From one session to the next, relaxation deepens as the chronic patterns of stress in the body are affected and released. If you’re getting massage to address chronic muscular tension or recovery from a soft tissue injury, more than one session is usually needed.
Can I receive a massage?
Massage treatment is non-invasive, relaxing and natural. It is therefore generally considered a safe treatment for most people.
However, there are contra-indications and contra-actions to treatments:
Contra-indications is divided into two sections when massage should not be performed at all and when massage is granted with the permission of a medical professions
Contra-actions is a when a massage treatment can be performed but not over the area of concern.
Your masseuse at Turn Beautiful have put the following restrictions in place to protect your health and well-being. Thank you for taking them as seriously as we do.
When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage:
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
The therapist can massage but not over any areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, massage can only take place once it has been approved before your session in writing by your Physician or GP.
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Psoriasis or eczema
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
Does a contraindication mean that treatment cannot take place?
Not always. In fact, massage can be very therapeutic for many medical conditions. However, in the above cases it is best to have advice from your physician. Masseuses, unless they are also qualified doctors, may not, under law, attempt to diagnose a condition. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us for more information.
Massage Treatment Options
Signature Massage - £28.00/£42.00
This fusion of eastern and western techniques helps to restore your body’s natural balance incorporating pressure point and neuromuscular techniques with specially selected pre-blended oils to enhance your mood and relax your body, release tension and encourage healthy circulation. Stresses and strains are dissolved away leaving you feeling deeply relaxed and recharged.
Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage (£28.00)
Full Body Massage (£40.00)
Deep Tissue Massage - £30.00/£45.00
This technique focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the fibres of the muscles, tendons and fascia whilst not missing the fundamental elements of a well-being massage.
Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage (£30.00)
Full Body Massage (£40.00)
Sports Massage - £32.00/£50.00
Similar to therapeutic it is performed on a couch with oil, but it uses stronger pressure to target tension with the deeper layers of the body musculature. This blend of remedial treatment with focussed stretching, pressing and kneading releases tension that superficial massage may miss. This can feel less relaxing than therapeutic massage, as a degree of tenderness is usually experienced. However, this is necessary in order for the body to release tension.
1 Session (£32.00)
2 Sessions (£50.00)
Hot Stone Massage - £40.00/£60.00
Hot Stones can relieve the deepest aches and pains with this unique and detoxifying treatment, which is tailored to meet your individual needs. Hydrating oils moisturise while your therapist works in synergy with the warming energy from the heated basalt stones to revitalise and rebalance the body and mind. Hot Stone therapy goes beyond the physical experience of a typical massage and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well-being.
Back, Neck & Shoulder (£40.00)
Full Body Massage (£60.00)
Nurturing Mother-to-Be Massage - £50.00
The nine month journey of nurturing is a special time and important that both Mother and Baby are relaxed and connected by the power of touch. This treatment combines tried and tested safe pregnancy treatment techniques and positioning to ensure the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. This treatment helps to relieve tension in the upper and lower back and alleviate any swelling in the hands and feet, while easing your mind and uplifting your spirit.