Reiki is a holistic therapy which ticks so many boxes! Some of which include: reducing stress; inducing feelings of well-being and relaxation; reducing anxiety; releasing negative emotions; increasing confidence and creativity; improving sleep and much more.
Reiki is a Japanese word which simply means universal life force energy – the source of which surrounds us all. Although Reiki therapy dates back thousands of years, it sits well with our modern, fast-moving and often stressful lives in the present 21st century.
Reiki heals and relaxes by flowing through any affected parts of our energy field and charges them with positive energy and therefore raising our vibration. Reiki is very gentle, but at the same time, powerful.
Can I Receive a Reiki Treatment?
Reiki has not been found to have any adverse effects.
Because there is nothing about a Reiki session that can interfere with conventional medical care, Reiki has no known contraindications and can be used simultaneously with any medical treatment.
The touch of Reiki is very light on or even off the body. The recipient is not required to ingest any substances, so there are no concerns about mixing substances (such as herbs) and prescription medications.
Reiki will not override the action of medical interventions, but rather support the patient while he or she goes through them, restoring balance in body, mind, and spirit to the degree possible. Patients who feel well even when fighting chronic illness are more likely to complete their medical treatment and be active partners in their health care.
Because the activation of Reiki pulsations in the practitioner’s hands adjusts to the changing need of the recipient, and stops when appropriate, you can’t get too much Reiki, no matter how long the practitioner’s hands are in place.
All that said, remember that it is up to you to be responsible for your own medical care and seek appropriate help. Do not go to your Reiki practitioner for a diagnosis and do not avoid recommended medical tests or treatment.
Initial Reiki Treatment – £40.00
If it is the first time you are having a Reiki healing treatment, the first session will usually last 75 minutes.
Your therapist will include a personal health consultation to ensure the healing is tailored to your needs. You then may want to book a follow on session. Follow on sessions build on previous energy balancing sessions, and help keep you in tip-top condition.
Follow on Reiki Treatment – £40.00
The length of a standard appointment is 1 hour and the treatment time within that is around 45 minutes. However, many people find it beneficial to talk about or mention issues they want to address with Reiki. This can be as important as the actual hands-on healing time and so all this is as flexible as you need it to be.
Pre Reiki Treatment
- Don’t eat just before your treatment – Make sure you have eaten and taken on fluids, just not directly before the treatment, let your body digest your meal first.
- Be on time – If you arrive in a frenzied, rushed state, it may take longer to relax. Arrive in plenty of time, relax and rest.
- Communicate your reasons and needs – Before the session, please give accurate health information and let your therapist know your expectations and reasons for the treatment.
- Music – Your therapist may play recorded music during your treatment. Some client may find music distracting. If it’s provided, let your therapist know if you have any music preferences or if you would prefer they turn off the music.
- Conversation – It is recommended to keep conversation to a minimum to really enjoy and relax during your treatment.Don’t be afraid to discuss any apprehensions or concerns. It’s important that you are as comfortable as possible during your treatment. Your therapist is a professional dedicated to do their best to help you feel at ease.
During Reiki Treatment
- Don’t be afraid to discuss any apprehensions or concerns. It’s important that you be as comfortable as possible during your treatment. Your therapist is a professional dedicated to do his or her best to help you feel at ease.
- Remember to breathe normally. Breathing helps facilitate relaxation. People often stop or limit their breathing when they feel anxious.
- Relax your muscles and your mind. If you find your thoughts are racing during the treatment, one way to be more body-centered and to quiet your mind is to follow your breathing, slowing down your breath.
- Reiki treatments are given with the recipient lying fully clothed you can lay on a couch, or a sitting position may be adopted if this proves more comfortable. The therapist then works through a sequence of hand positions – either above or on the body. All the recipient has to do is relax and enjoy!
Post Reiki Treatment
After any healing treatment you will go through an adjustment, processing the shifts and changes that have been activated within you. It is not uncommon to experience physical, emotional or mental changes.
Below is a list of things our clients have experience, it’s also normal to not feel any:
- Change of energy; calmer, more relaxed, free, light, at ease, relief, expansive, more present, grounded within body and life.
- Heightened senses; feel, see, hear and taste things with more intensity.
- Fluctuation in energy levels; exhaustion or hyperactive, or you may feel you want to relax or spend more time outdoors.
- Heightened Emotion. Reiki helps to clear old repressed emotion. Sadness, grief, anger can surface and/or burst of bliss & joy. You may be extra teary or even giggly.
- Your subconscious mind will go through an adjustment, you may want to take note of your dreams.
- You may experience physical releasing symptoms such as a need to go to the toilet more frequently with increased urine or bowel movements. You might experience some headache or cold-like symptoms. These physical detox symptoms usually pass quickly.
- You may notice itchiness or tingles through the body or have waves of hot or cold energy flow through you.
Usually any of these symptoms last between 1 – 2 days and will ease, if you do have any concerns after a session please do not hesitate to contact us.
To get the most out of your session be very present within yourself and pay attention to the subtle shifts that will occur after. If you get waves of inspiration and creativity, follow that. Your inner compass will be heightened and helping you to make the changes you need to come into balance and alignment. If you get the urge to do things different, have conversations you feel called to or change things up – go for it!!
Can I encourage the healing?
- Drink plenty of water on the day and days following your session. Nourish yourself with foods that feel good.
- Give yourself some time and space to reflect. Don’t be in such a rush to get back to your usual day to day life.
- You might like to go for a gentle walk along the beach, meditate, have a soothing bath or shower or even create a diary to reflect on what you experienced.
- Often during or after a healing you will receive insights and clarity as to what you can focus on moving forward. The healer may have offered you some insights or suggestions of specific things you can change, add or remove from your life to support you. If this is the case really commit to exploring and honouring what suggestions feel good for you.