The Advanced Nutrition Programme’s Nail Science is a food supplement comprising of vitamins, minerals and lysine and includes copper and zinc, minerals which contribute to helping maintain normal nails.
Nails are often weak, brittle or flaky due to nutritional deficiencies. However, simply increasing the intake of one element that contributes to nail health will not make rejuvenate your nails and give them a health rejuvenation. Nail Science contains a well balanced combination of natural ingredients biotin, calcium, horsetail and specially selected vitamins and minerals, all nutrients that have been shown to benefit nail health. Nail Science includes 60 capsules – or a month’s supply
Key Nutrients (per 2 capsules):
- Vitamin A (2000iu) – Maintains normal skin and vision. Also contributes to the normal function of the immune system and plays a role in the process of cell specialization.
- L-Lysine (200mg) – is crucial to maintain protein production and can help strengthen weak or brittle nails. Since your nails are made of protein, L-Lysine supplements can be taken to help build healthy proteins and help maintain healthy nails.
- Biotin (2000μg) -Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism as well as normal functioning of the nervous system. Contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and to the maintenance of normal hair and skin.
- Horsetail Extract (150mg) – jam packed with silica which is essential for nail growth and strength helping fix those brittle nails.
- Vitamin D2 (200iu) – Contributes to the normal absorption of calcium and phosphorus and contributes to the maintenance of normal blood calcium levels. Also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth as well as the maintenance of normal muscle function.
- Calcium (37.2mg) -Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Also contributes to normal blood clotting, muscle function, neurotransmission and to the function of digestive enzymes. It plays a role in cell division and specialisation and is needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth. It helps to reduce the loss of bone mineral in post-menopausal women; low bone density is a risk factor for osteoporotic bone fractures
- Vitamin E (100mg) – Protects cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin B6 (6mg) – Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, the normal functioning of the immune and nervous systems and to the formation of normal red blood cells. Contributes to normal homocysteine, protein and glycogen metabolism. Also contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Vitamin B6 also contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity.
- Copper (280μg) – Copper contributes to the maintenance of normal connective tissues and to normal energy-yielding metabolism. It contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 (600μg) – Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism as well as normal functioning of the immune and nervous systems. Also contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism and to normal red blood cell formation. It plays a role in the process of cell division and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Folic Acid (266μg) – Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus
- Iron (13.6mg) – Contributes to normal cognitive function and to the normal function of the immune system. It plays a role in the process of cell division. It contributes to the formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin and to normal oxygen transport in the body. Also contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Zinc (14mg) – Contributes to normal DNA synthesis, normal fertility and reproduction, normal immune system function and normal cognitive function. Contributes to normal acid-base and carbohydrate metabolism. Zinc also contributes to normal macronutrient, fatty acid and vitamin A metabolism. It contributes to normal protein synthesis while it maintains normal bones, hair, nails and skin. It maintains normal testosterone levels in the blood, maintains normal vision. It protects cells from oxidative stress and plays a role in the process of cell division.
Two capsules provide:
|Vitamin E (natural source)
|Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5)
|Horsetail Extract 4:1(Equisetum arvense)
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
INGREDIENTS: calcium gluconate, l-lysine hydrochloride, capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate), horsetail extract 4:1 (Equisetum arvense), vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol acetate), silicon dioxide, iron citrate, zinc citrate, anti-caking agent (magnesium stearate), bulking agent (cellulose), acacia gum, vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride), modified tapioca starch, biotin, copper gluconate, sunflower oil, vitamin B12 (as hydroxycobalamin), sucrose, corn starch, folic acid, vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate), antioxidant (natural mixed tocopherols), vitamin D (as ergocalciferol)
Free From: Artificial colours and artificial flavourings. Gluten free.
Suitable For: vegetarians and vegans.
Take two capsules daily with food or as your health professional advises.
Do not exceed the stated recommended daily intake.
This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
This product contains iron, which, if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children. Keep out of sight and reach. Amounts greater than 20mg of iron daily may cause mild stomach upset in sensitive individuals. This product contains vitamin A. Do not take if you are pregnant or if you are likely to become pregnant except on the advice of a doctor or ante-natal clinic. If you are under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before use.
Store below 25°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
Advanced Nutrition Programme products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily intake.
Environmental Policy: As a company, the Advanced Nutrition Programme are committed to eco practise regarding production, packaging and transportation of goods.